Friday, February 20, 2009

Summers Family Farm


I just love this picture!! The little girl in the white dress is my maternal Grandmother, Ora Mae.
The family farm was in Macon County, Missouri. My second cousin sent this to me a while back, she had it totally restored, I guess it was pretty tattered before she had it done. I am so happy to have it!! My Grandma was such a tiny thing, always was!! Hard to believe I am genetically related to someone so small and dainty.... I have always said, I couldn't have inherited her petite size 8 dress and size 6 1/2 shoes, but I DID inherit her bad sense of direction, LOL!!
The little boy standing to my Grandma's left is Joel's (my cousin's) Grandpa. Every one in this photo has been passed away for years, I hope to travel there one day to see where Grandma grew up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment