Yesterday mid-morning, I answer the phone at work, and it's Duane calling from the property.
He moved wrong, or maybe it's just the fact that his back was already out of whack that it didn't take much to send it into orbit.... he said that he was in pain, could hardly stand upright!! He said he was taking a break from bucking brush, and would give it another try. I called him back on my lunch break, and yes, he had to give it up. So, he dorked around town, talked to a guy that makes custom furniture, had lunch, and started for home. By the time I got home, he had showered and settled in here, but was not feeling good at all. I had a pinched nerve in my right lower back about 3 weeks ago, and he said it felt to him just as I had described mine, grabbing, aching pain!! I went to the chiropractor, and my pelvis was very out of place. I am sure that Duane's is too, along with all the other daily things he does to abuse himself!! I called to see if by chance the doctor might work on Saturdays, but surprise, surprise, he doesn't!! Poor baby, he was doing his best unintentional impression of my Dad moving around all day today. I bought some of those icy-hot patches, he will try one tomorrow when he attempts to go to work. It was hard enough today for him to even step up on a curb, let alone climb into a big truck! Guess we will see what happens!! I get to work 11am to 8pm, the same on Monday, oh joy!! I am going to the casino with Dad again on Tuesday, will be the last time for a while. It messes up everyone's days off in the department with hours so tight and no flexibility. I have Tues, Wed, and Thur off this next week, so there goes another week of only one day off for us together. I am so sick of it, wish I could stay home and just be a housewife, or only work a couple of 4 hour shifts a week just for spending money and to get out of the house. But, right now it's just not in the cards, maybe in a couple of years or so, after we get settled (if we ever can get there) into our new home in Central Oregon. I have to call the Vet on Monday and set Homer up for his pre-dental cleaning check up and bloodwork. I have gotten to the point of hating to take either dog in, they are both so obnoxious!! Homer never used to be, he would always "man up" and behave for them. Since he had that bad ear infection a couple of years ago, he has gotten kind of "squirelly" about a lot of things, including letting a stranger touch him in any way without getting bit. So, I get the happy job of putting a muzzle on him. Tuco is the same way, but he's always been like that since he has reached adulthood. Heck, Tuco still to this day hasn't made up with Duane's Dad, probably never will!! Tuco has a small circle of friends!! Well, now I am even starting to bore myself, so will stop this ramble!! Night all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment