Not 10 minutes after I got to work, long story short, a lady yelled at me and told me I was rude!! If I was, it was not my intent. I have been yelled at, cussed at, demeaned, ignored, interrupted and discriminated against over the past almost 30 years. I pretty much just let it run off my back..... NOT THIS TIME!! I started crying, couldn't stop, poor Kyle (my coworker)!
Kyle sent me off the floor, told me to get some iced tea or something. I went in the bathroom, kept crying. Went to our locker room, kept crying. Got my cell and headed for Starbucks, kept crying!! I called Duane, he tried to settle me down, it kind of helped, but still took me a while. Finally got myself together enough to get a venti green tea, by this time a half an hour had went by!! Poor Kyle was hammered with customers, and had called apparel to cover for him so he could do a customer carry out. Kyle is usually a bit moody and sometimes hard to get along with, he was super to me all night last night, I felt sorry for him having to put up with a basket case!! So, now I ponder, what sent me over the edge? Reflecting, probably a lot of things.... Duane found out a couple of days ago that Albertson's parent company sold all of the Utah stores and the distribution center. The article he brought home mentioned that the new CEO is not done "trimming the fat". Basically, they over bought when the economy was high, and now need to scale down. So, we don't know when and/or if the axe will drop..... Also, a lot of pressure trying to get the bagapoo business going, my Dad drives me nuts, the heat has been stifling, and my hours at work have been all over the place. Duane also thinks the reason I have been so forgetful (AND strung out about it, thinking I am turning into my Dad!) is all of the diet soda I have been drinking. So, will cut that out and see how it goes. Over all, I think that lady yelling at me just broke the dam that had been filling up for some time. Well, gotta go, work starts in an hour!!
No comments:
Post a Comment