Sunday, November 22, 2009

Pancakes, Chili and Cornbread!!


Yesterday was cleaning house and changing oil in the car day, today it is cooking! I got an easy chili recipe from a gal at work, she got it on the Food Network. Also, baking cornbread as I write. I made Duane pancakes for breakfast, I used a new pan and they didn't get done enough. Taking note not to use that pan for that again!! Will walk the dogs, cut Dad's hair, get cleaned up and take Dad out for a while, he gets cabin fever. I need a few things at the store and dread it, all those Thanksgiving shoppers will be out in force. I am going to Albertson's and staying away from Fred's today, will have enough of that tomorrow. We have a new one hour machine and I will have to open it for the first time in the morning, I am not looking forward to it. I tried to run some photos the other night before we were supposed to go live with it, and it had a jam that none of us could find and had to call a tech out, so I am afraid of the thing now! Oh well, the worst that could happen already has, so maybe it will be okay, right?
Here is the recipe for the chili:
1 jar Paul Newman's marina
1 pkg chili mix
1 pound lean ground beef
2 15 ounce cans kidney beans
1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
1 14-15 ounce can diced tomatos w/jalapeno's
1 medium yellow onion
Fry chopped onion in a little butter, cook and crumble ground beef. Rinse and drain kidney beans, add all ingredients together and simmer for a couple of hours, enjoy!! I used stove top
kettle, but would probably be ideal in the crock pot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment