Wednesday, November 11, 2009

It's been 4 weeks?

I guess the novelty is over, or I am on facebook more than I am here these days!!
I can't believe Thanksgiving is almost here, and "Black Friday" is looming and lurking once again.
My boss tried to hire 3 people for the holidays, hoping to keep at least one of them after. The first flaked out when they told him he had to cut his beard off, the other 2 made it through register training and orientation. The second one was terminated today under "mysterious" circumstances, they wouldn't even tell my boss the reason. The third guy is Andrew, he is a substitute teacher in Vancouver, is about 6ft. 8 or so, nice guy but kind of "goofy".
What is the deal? I figured we would be flooded with prospects looking for work, instead, we seem to still be scraping the bottom of the proverbial barrel. We are at least getting another employee, she is a transfer from Scapoose, OR. She recently moved to Vancouver, and has been commuting to keep her foot in the door. She has worked CCK mostly, and has worked in photo a few times, so is familiar at least a little bit... Jen talked to her manager and got a good reccomendation, we will see. Ugh, she can't start until week after next, so next week we will be short hours again, so that means I have to work more once again. No rest for the wicked!! Duane has to bid for his next 6 month schedule next week, and we have to plan our vacation schedule as well for 2010. I hate that, it's written in stone, how can you know exactly when the best times are to take your time off a whole year in advance? Oh well, it's not like we are doing much right now anyway. We want to concentrate on getting our loan for the property paid off in the next 3-5 years. If we can do that, or better yet get moved in that time frame, it will be worth sacrificing a couple of expensive vacations!! I wanna get on with it and get to Central Oregon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment