Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's November already?

Wow..... Another year almost over. Time waits for no one!! These past 3 months or so have been a blur of ups and downs, such is life. The days are so short, I am looking forward to Spring already so they can get long again, daylight is so much more inspiring!!
Duane has gone mostly gluten free, he doesn't have siliac's disease, but has found that he feels much better eating little or no wheat products. So, our eating in and out habits have altered quite a bit!! We have been making a lot of home made soups and stews, stuff that he can take in a thermos with him on the road in his big truck. I just bought myself a Dutch Oven last weekend, and broke it in with a pot roast with potatoes, onions and carrots. Yum!! We go to New Season's Market at least once a week to stock up on gluten free products, they have a great selection, and even do a gluten free tour/class every Saturday morning, we haven't done that yet!!
Dad is slowing down more all of the time, his memory, especially short term is really slipping, and I am his "Mommy" more now than ever!! My boss at work is pretty good about keeping my hours down and during the day so I can be home more to look after him. If I am gone longer than he thinks I should be he calls my cell phone to make sure I am alright and ask when I will be home!!
I am spending more time on Facebook than I probably should, I play some of the games, which is my way of escaping reality!! LOL!!
Our doggie bag business is still moving along, we have a new product we will be launching in the next month or so, and will be totally revamping our website, that will be exciting, hopefully things will take off after that, we will see!!
Duane's folks are still in Bend, Dick had the shingles last month, started in his feet of all places!!
He is better now thank goodness. Lois is doing okay physically, but 2 head injuries are starting to take a toll on her mentally these days.
Well, that is about it, I will TRY to update more often!!

No comments:

Post a Comment