




Duane's Mom, my Dad and I went to the Wallowa's last week, left on Tues AM and returned on Thurs afternoon. We stayed at the Best Western in Enterprise, OR. A very small town!! The only grocery store of any substance was a small Safeway, and it was crazy busy both times we had to stop there. Joseph, OR is the next town on the way to the mountains, it is a tourist town with small shops, the most prominent is the Bronz foundry and gallery. That was awesome, and his work is displayed on almost every corner of town!! Wallowa Lake and the mountains are just past Joseph, we all went up on the tramway, small gondola's!! I had been on a tram in both Palm Springs, CA and Albuquerque, NM, but this one was quite a bit smaller, but went higher up into the mountains!! We had lunch at the cafe, and when we got back down Lois and I did some shopping at the local gift shops. Both nights were kind of a nightmare with my Dad, the first night he got up and dressed at 2:45am, woke me up completely, and I never got back to sleep. The second night (mind you, after Dad and I had a discussion about the previous night, AND he promised not to do it again) yep, you got it, he started announcing the time out loud, very loud, from about midnight on, then announced, again loudly that he was getting up and staying up, this was around 4am. He proceeded to sit in the dark room while Lois slept, and I attempted sleep until we got up around 6:30am. He is so done going on trips!! I have a friend with a daughter that does'nt work, so she is lined up to be my babysitter here at the house. Not that we can afford to go anywhere right now, with the impending possible doom at Albertson's coming in October (I hope not!!) but I need to feel that Duane and I can at least go somewhere if we want to without worrying about my Dad. It will be 5 years next June that we took Dad's name off of our house, so after that we can arrange for the state to help him with his care if we need to put him in a home. I just don't know how long I can continue taking care of him. It is making me old and fat!! I am a stress eater, and have been doing a good job of it. Well, here are a few pictures of the trip. More later, some awesome shots!! I will also tell about the brewery I was happy to find in Enterprise!! LOL!!
No comments:
Post a Comment